At its third international symposium, which will take place from 23-24 October 2019 in Hamburg, the International Section of the ISSA on Prevention in Transportation will shed light on the topic of occupational health and safety in the waste industry.
Company representatives, occupational safety specialists, municipal contracting authorities, scientists, labor inspectors and social security experts from a number of countries will discuss issues such as:
- How can the occupational health and safety goals in the field of waste disposal be brought in line with company goals?
- What solutions for the improvement of occupational health and safety are already being implemented in cities in other countries?
- How have technological developments and modern logistical collection concepts affected occupational health and safety to date?
- What does demographic change, qualification and internationalization of the working world mean for companies operating in the field of waste management?
- What role do the “seven golden rules of Vision Zero” play in the successful implementation of occupational health and safety goals?
The global prevention initiative “Vision Zero” aims to reduce fatal and severe accidents to zero and promote a culture of safety, health and well-being at work. The implementation of Vision Zero should be an integral part of comprehensive company quality management. In this context, it is important that the resources used for occupational health and safety are not seen as costs, but rather as investments. These resources also provide a significant return on investment. The International Section of the ISSA on Prevention in Transportation will use good practical examples from the fields of waste collection and waste processing to explore with the symposium participants how the Vision Zero strategy can be used not only to improve occupational health and safety, but also to make a substantial contribution to the achievement of broader company goals.
You can find the preliminary program, including a registration form in the information package. For more information, please contact the Section on Prevention in Transportation by e-mail: [email protected].
Location: BG Verkehr, Ottenser Hauptstr. 54, 22765 Hamburg
Language: German and English (simultaneous interpretation)
Hotel: Recommendations and hotel contingents are available