The material presented on the International Social Security Association's (ISSA) Website and provided in its newsletters is published by the Secretariat of the ISSA for the service of its members and other users.
The ISSA holds copyright on all material, unless otherwise stated. Copyright in any third-party materials must also be respected. You may request permission to reproduce the ISSA materials and information as follows:
News, press releases and related material published by the ISSA on its Website and in its newsletters may be reproduced freely with mention of the source: "International Social Security Association".
All publications of the ISSA enjoy copyright. Users may print, download or e-mail publications for individual use. Short excerpts from them may be reproduced without authorization for non-profit purposes on condition that the source is indicated. If you would like to request permission to copy, translate, or otherwise reproduce ISSA material, please contact the ISSA Secretariat.
International Social Security Review
For permission to reprint, copy or otherwise reproduce content from the International Social Security Review (ISSR), please consult the ISSR permissions page.
Unless otherwise stated, photos and images published on the ISSA Website, Extranet and in newsletters may be subject to special copyright and should not be reproduced without permission of the ISSA Secretariat. Photos that are provided for download and reproduction are clearly indicated. For other permissions, please contact the ISSA Secretariat.
The use of the ISSA logo is restricted and permission to use the logo must be requested from the ISSA Secretariat.
Links to other Websites
The ISSA Website and newsletters may provide links to recommended external sources of information to benefit users. The ISSA is not responsible for the content of external sites or third-party information.
The material available through the ISSA Website and newsletters come from a wide range of unofficial sources and are not intended to replace direct consultation, when appropriate, of official sources. You should rely on your own inquiries to independently confirm any information on which you intend to act.
While care has been taken in the preparation and reproduction of the data published herein, the ISSA declines liability for any inaccuracy, omission or other error in the data, and, in general, for any financial or other loss or damage in any way resulting from the use of the information.
Publication of information, or of any provision, or of its summary, the designations employed and the presentation of material therein, do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the ISSA concerning their conformity to International Labour Conventions, the legal status of any country, area or territory or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers. References to names or firms and commercial products and processes do not imply their endorsement or any expression of opinion by the ISSA.
The ISSA provides official translations of this website into English, French, Spanish and German.
The International Social Security Association (the ISSA) is an international organization that brings together social security institutions and government departments around the world. The ISSA offers guidelines, conferences, networking and knowledge that support its members in developing national social security systems. In doing so, the ISSA may collect Personal Data for specific purposes under a number of lawful methods of processing.
What is personal data?
“Personal Data” refers to any information that can identify you directly (e.g., your name) or indirectly (e.g., through pseudonymized data such as a number or a unique identifier). This means that Personal Data includes information such as postal/email addresses, mobile phone numbers, user names, profile photos, personal preferences; user-generated content, financial data. Personal Data may also include unique numerical identifiers such as the IP address of your computer, as well as cookies.
Processing of personal data by the ISSA
The ISSA may collect Personal Data from and about you when
- your institution nominates you for certain functions related to its ISSA membership with the ISSA (e.g. Liaison Official, member of a statutory body, of an expert network etc.), and the implementation of its statutory rights and obligations as an ISSA member;
- you register to an event, user group or a conference organized by the ISSA;
- you enquire about ISSA services, via any e-mail messages;
- you use ISSA services;
- you respond to ISSA surveys, whether implemented by the ISSA or external service providers;
- you provide the ISSA with services (suppliers).
The ISSA may collect the following Personal Data:
- name and first name, business address, business title, business contact details,
- email, professional phone number,
- bank account references,
- job title, employer,
- evaluation of services rendered, preferred language for communication, events attended,
- topical preferences related to social security and service provision preferences, e.g. language, areas of social security interest and so on
- emails flow.
The ISSA also collect information through the use of “cookies” as described below:
- information about your usage of the ISSA website
- the pages you visit when using the ISSA services,
- the search terms you enter,
- how often you visit the website.
Purposes of the personal data processing
The ISSA processes your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to provide services and products to your institution in line with the Programme and Budget of the ISSA adopted by the ISSA Council, and its commitment to the ISSA Constitution and regulations;
- to enable you to have access to the ISSA members‘ only area on the ISSA website;
- to enable you to use the functionalities of the “MyISSA” networking and collaborative work platform;
- to inform you about events and enable you to register to conferences, events, meetings, etc.;
- to provide you ISSA services, products and knowledge;
- to provide you with information about ISSA governance and institutional relations;
- to provide you with the International Social Security Review;
- to improve the design of ISSA web pages and your user experience;
- to send you targeted information and newsletters, surveys based on your region and language preferences.
Communication of your personal data
The ISSA may communicate your Personal Data to other ISSA members upon request and only if you have agreed to such communication in the specific section of “MyISSA”. Such communication enables the members to network and communicate between themselves.
The ISSA may also disclose your Personal Data to its employees, subcontractors, consultants and suppliers only in order to fulfil its obligations and provide the services.
Otherwise, your Personal Data is not transferred and is not disclosed to any third parties outside Switzerland and the EU.
The basis of which the ISSA collects and uses your personal data
The Personal Data is collected and used by the ISSA on the following basis:
- The implementation of the ISSA programme of activities in line with your institution’s membership and the decisions of the ISSA Council;
- ISSA legitimate interest, which may consist of improving ISSA services, in order to help ISSA better understand your needs and expectations and, in the interest of ISSA members, to improve ISSA services, events and website.
- Your consent;
- Legal obligations when the legislation in force requires the processing of data (such as invoicing).
Your rights include, but are not limited to:
- The right to access: at your request the ISSA will provide you a free of charge copy of your personal data.
- The right to rectification: at your request the ISSA will correct any information you believe is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure: at your request to do so, the ISSA will erase your personal data.
You may send any request related to the processing of your Personal Data to the following address: ISSA@ilo.org
To protect your privacy and security, the ISSA may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
How long do we keep your personal data?
The ISSA retains your Personal Data only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, to meet your needs or to fulfill ISSA legal obligations.
To establish the retention period of your Personal Data, the ISSA apply the following criteria:
- If your institution nominates you for an official role in the relations with ISSA, the ISSA statutory bodies or the ISSA technical activities, the ISSA keeps your Personal Data for the duration of this nomination
- If you use ISSA products and services, the ISSA keeps your Personal Data for the duration of your institution’s membership with the ISSA;
- If you contact us in connection with a request, the ISSA keeps your Personal Data for as long as necessary to process your request;
- If you create an account (MyISSA for instance), the ISSA keeps your Personal Data as long as you use such account;
- If you have consented to receive information about ISSA activities (e.g. Newsletters), the ISSA retains your Personal Data until you unsubscribe;
- If cookies are placed on your computer, the ISSA retains your Personal Data only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected (e.g., during a session for cookies related to the registration or session identification cookies).
The ISSA may retain certain Personal Data in order to fulfill ISSA legal or regulatory obligations, and to enable the ISSA to exercise its rights (e.g., to bring an action before any court) or for statistical or historical purposes.
When the ISSA no longer needs to use or retain your Personal Data, the ISSA deletes it from its systems and files or anonymize it so that it can no longer identify you.
As ISSA member, you may receive communications (e.g. newsletters) from the ISSA informing you of its activities.
The ISSA communications will always include the option for you to unsubscribe from receiving any further such communications.
You can also unsubscribe at any time by sending an email to ISSANET@ilo.org and requesting the removal of your name from ISSA lists.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
The ISSA may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration. This is statistical data about ISSA’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
The ISSA may also obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer.
Cookies help the ISSA to improve ISSA services and to deliver a better and overall, more personalized service. It also helps the ISSA to ensure that you have read any relevant legal information and to analyze how ISSA website is used. The ISSA uses the following cookies:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function, they are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. If you block these cookies some parts of the site will not work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages (such as Google analytics). If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
The ISSA is committed to ensuring that your Personal Data is permanently secured. The ISSA process your Personal Data only in ways compatible with the purpose for which it was collected. To the extent necessary for such purposes, the ISSA takes reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Data is accurate, complete, current and otherwise reliable with regard to its intended use.
The ISSA takes reasonable and appropriate measures to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of your Personal Data and prevent the unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Your Personal Data is stored in the ISSA Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database in Geneva (Switzerland). The CRM is located at the ILO (Geneva Switzerland). The ISSA IT is co-managed with ILO IT in the form of an ILO service similar to subcontracting. The ISSA has concluded a partnership agreement with the ILO with regard to the hosting and processing of Personal Data.
Should you have any questions about your Personal Data, please do not hesitate to contact the ISSA by sending an email to ISSA@ilo.org.