Wednesday 23 September 2020, 08:30−10:00 (UTC/GMT+2 or CEST)
13:30−15:00 Hanoi / Bangkok
14:30−16:00 Kuala Lumpur / Manila
Webinar organized in collaboration with the ISSA Liaison Office for South-East Asia
This Webinar will discuss the lessons learnt by social security institutions in South-East Asia during the first wave of the pandemic.
Focussing on institutional responses and innovations regarding service delivery, internal processes and human resources, the webinar will also discuss how these lessons have helped to handle the continued period of uncertainty regarding the spread of the coronavirus, and to prepare for a potential second wave.
The webinar will thereby also be an occasion to exchange on the progress made by social security institutions in the region as regards their business continuity plans and their crisis preparedness.
|Aurora Cruz Ignacio, President and Chief Executive Officer, Social Security System (SSS), the Philippines|
|Edmund Cheong Peck Huang, Chief Strategy and Transformation Officer, Social Security Organisation (Perkeso), Malaysia|
|Dinh Duy Hung, Deputy Director, Department of Contribution Collection Vietnam Social Security (VSS), Viet Nam|
This webinar will examine the following questions:
- What are the major lessons learnt with regard to the institutional and service adaptations implemented to cope with the first wave of COVID-19?
- How have these measures been evaluated and assessed?
- What institutional difficulties are social security institutions facing in the current situation of “living with the virus” and uncertainty in the development of the pandemic?
- How are social security institutions preparing for a potential second wave and how do the lessons learnt from the first half of 2020 contribute to improving their business continuity?
- Welcome by Marcelo Abi-Ramia Caetano, ISSA Secretary General
- Case experience of the Social Security System, the Philippines
- Case experience of the Social Security Organisation, Malaysia
- Case experience of Vietnam Social Security, Viet Nam
- Q&A – Discussion
Moderated by Jens Schremmer, Head of the Secretary General’s Office, ISSA
The webinar is open to delegates of ISSA member organizations and invited institutions without registration fees.