As Member of the International Section of the ISSA on Information for Prevention, you will enjoy a number of advantages. The Section will provide you with a platform for exchanging information in the field of prevention. Experts will discuss and share their experience of successful information and communication patterns with you.
The Section undertakes research and studies in the field of information and communication and transfers this knowledge to its members. Working groups discuss practical tools and solutions for the purposes of training, information and communication.
You will have a number of practical advantages including access to a worldwide bibliographical database, access to publications as well as a newsletter, which will keep you informed of international activities in the field of prevention.
A number of European, and non-European (American, Australian, Canadian, etc.) organizations and institutions from all over the world are already members of the Section on Information for Prevention.
Advantages and Rights:
- As a member of the Section on Information for Prevention you will be collaborating in working out a coordinated information policy in Europe and throughout the rest of the world. You will be in a privileged position to follow at first hand the activities of all the partners in the project.
- The Section on Information for Prevention provides an international forum for the exchange of ideas and experiences regarding the collection and selective provision of information tailor-made to the user.
- The website of the Section on Information for Prevention is a platform for exchanging ideas between partners, the European Commission and international organizations like the ISSA with its various sections, and national institutions. Your membership gives you exclusive access to this website.
- You will be kept permanently informed about international activities in the domain, conferences, training sessions and seminars.
- You will be given access to publications.
- You will be given access to a bibliographical database with references to the world-wide literature on health and safety at work.
- You will be able to participate at the activities of the Section by means of the General Assembly and the working groups.
See the list of members
Types of Membership
The Section on Information for Prevention is composed of ordinary and corresponding members.
Ordinary members are either members of the International Social Security Association or non-profit organizations administering social security in all fields of activity, sectors and occupations provided that they are not members of another organization which is itself an ordinary member.
Corresponding members are either organizations whose objectives are consistent with the objectives of the Section on Information for Prevention, or individuals who are experts in all fields of activity, sectors and occupations and in occupational safety and health protection.