This Technical Seminar will be held in Dublin, Ireland, on 18 and 19 June 2009, at the invitation of the Department of Social and Family Affairs.
The objective of the technical seminar is to focus on the various measures, programmes or incentives that have been introduced over the past years to keep or to re-integrate older workers in the labour market in view of the demographic challenges that social security is increasingly facing.
Evidence shows that a number of social security institutions, including unemployment protection schemes, have taken measures to address these challenges. Through the presentation of selected good practice examples and panel discussions the seminar will showcase in a very concrete manner how targeted employment policies, including fiscal incentives and possibly retirement policies, can increase or decrease the labour market participation of older workers.
The agenda of the Seminar consists of the following topics:
- Demographic changes and the labour market.
- Awareness raising measures to retain or reintegrate older workers into employment.
- Retention measures for older workers.
- Activation and reintegration measures for older workers.
- The employment of older workers and the economic crisis.
The event is open to ISSA member organizations and invited participants only. The working languages are English and French.