In 2011, during a period when unemployment increased by over 300%, delivery of employment and welfare services was fragmented across three organizations.
Unemployed customers dealt separately with each organization. As a result customer service processes were inefficient and employment outcomes for clients were poor. Intreo was the response to this challenge, involving:
- Development and communication of a clear business strategy.
- Merger of three large organizations.
- Integration of the services and staff of these organizations.
- Design and implementation of new service processes.
- Implementation of client profiling to prioritize resource allocation.
- Delivery of all these services in ‘one-stop-shops’ – Intreo Centres.
- Transaction processing times reduced from three weeks to about three days.
- Lead time for engagement with employment services has reduced from at least three months to about two weeks.
- Persistence rate from short to long tem unemployment has reduced from 35% to 26%.
- Progression rate of very long term unemployed people has increased from 25% to 44%.