Wednesday, 13 September 2023, 10:00−12:00 (UTC/GMT+2 or CEST)
Languages: Simultaneous interpretation in English, French, German and Spanish (Simultaneous interpretation – Frequently asked questions)
Exoskeletons are robotic devices designed to assist or enhance the physical capabilities of individuals with or without mobility impairments, enabling them to regain or improve their ability to walk or perform specific movements.
By embracing exoskeleton technology as part of preventive measures and medical rehabilitation, social security systems can promote early intervention, improve functional outcomes, and potentially reduce the overall burden of disability claims and long-term support for individuals with mobility impairments. Moreover, these efforts can contribute to greater social inclusion and improved quality of life for those benefiting from exoskeleton-assisted interventions.
This webinar will look at recent developments showing how social security institutions can contribute to addressing the increased prevention and rehabilitation needs with the support of exoskeleton technology.
Join us for this ISSA Webinar on rehabilitation, the eighth of a series of webinars organized in collaboration with the ISSA Working Group on Rehabilitation.
|Dr Susanne Weinbrenner, Head, Social Medicine and Rehabilitation Department, German Federal Pension Insurance (DRV Bund), Germany and Chair of the ISSA Working Group on Rehabilitation
|Dr Hafez Hussain, Executive Director, SOCSO Tun Razak Rehabilitation Centre (TRRC) of the Social Security Organization (SOCSO/PERKESO), Malaysia
|Semhar Kinne, Research Associate and Occupational Health and Safety Specialist, and Dr Veronika Kretschmer, Senior Scientist, The Fraunhofer Institute for Material Flow and Logistics IML, Germany
|Dr Ulrich Glitsch, Senior Scientist and Ergonomics Consultant of the Section ‘Musculoskeletal Workload’ – Expert in Biomechanics, Institute for Occupational Safety and Health of the German Social Accident Insurance (DGUV), Germany
|Dr Thomas Schildhauer, Medical Director of the Bergmannsheil Clinic, Bochum, Germany
|Moderated by Nathalie De Wulf, Coordinator of the ISSA Working group on rehabilitation
This webinar will examine the following questions:
- Technology is developing quickly. What is the current state of development of exoskeletons technology in the context of prevention and rehabilitation?
- Which strategies and services have proven to be most efficient in prevention and in supporting rehabilitation services? What are the key challenges and barriers to address?
- How can international collaboration be enhanced to take prevention and rehabilitation one step further with the use of exoskeleton technologies?
- Welcome by Marcelo Abi-Ramia Caetano, ISSA Secretary General
- Introduction by the Chair of the ISSA Working Group on Rehabilitation
- The expertise from SOCSO TRRC, Malaysia
- The expertise from The Fraunhofer Institute for Material Flow and Logistics IML, Germany: Use of exoskeletal systems for health prevention, using the example of logistics
- The expertise from German Social Accident Insurance (DGUV), Germany
- The expertise from Bergmannsheil, Bochum, Germany
- Q&A – Panel discussion
The webinar is open to delegates of ISSA member organizations and invited institutions without registration fees.