Thursday, 6 July 2023, 14:00–16:00 (UTC/GMT+2 or CEST)
Languages: Simultaneous interpretation in English, French, German and Spanish (Simultaneous interpretation – Frequently asked questions)
The health care sector plays a crucial role in mitigating the effects of climate change by prioritising sustainability, creating a healthier planet and better communities for all. Good care should be sustainable, delivered in a healthy environment, requiring greening both inside and outside the health care sector, doing everything in a more sustainable way, from purchasers to health care professionals.
To support these efforts and initiatives, social security institutions need to consider the broad field of actions and levers to influence behaviour towards the environmental sustainability. Despite the urgency of the issue, this is still quite recent for most countries and institutions. Therefore, it is important to foster shared learning and benchmark from good practices that have been performing better and inspire one another.
The discussions and knowledge-sharing among ISSA members will continue in this third ISSA webinar on social security, health care and environmental protection. It will allow to share actions and recent research, providing international perspectives and country cases to take the urgent actions one step further.
Join us for this ISSA Webinar that will offer the opportunity to reflect on innovative measures taken to ensure environmental sustainability in the health care sector.
|Claire Traon, Deputy Director, Health Professions Department, National Sickness Insurance Fund (CNAM), France
|Mathijs Romme, Manager Sustainable Healthcare Programme, Netherlands Health Insurers Association, Netherlands
|Johannes Eisenbarth, Policy Officer, European and International Affairs, National Association of Statutory Health Insurance Funds (GKV Spitzenverband), Germany
|Jean-Louis Lambeau, Social Protection Specialist, Social Protection Department, International Labour Organization (ILO)
|Lou Tessier, Health Protection Specialist, Social Protection Department, ILO
|Diana Picon Manyari, International climate director, Health Care Without Harm
This webinar will examine the following questions:
- What are the current successful actions and levers for more sustainable health care systems and to reduce the ecological footprint?
- How can social security institutions contribute to decrease the negative impact of health care provision on human well-being and the environment?
- How to coordinate efforts at international level to strengthen the impact of the strategies and innovative measures taken?
- Welcome by Marcelo Abi-Ramia Caetano, Secretary General, ISSA
- Case experience of CNAM, France
- Case experience of Zorgverzekeraars Nederland, The Netherlands
- Case experience of GKV Spitzenverband, Germany
- The expertise from ILO
- The expertise from Health Care Without Harm
- Q&A – Discussion
|Moderated by Nathalie De Wulf, Technical Officer in Social Security, ISSA
The webinar is open to delegates of ISSA member organizations and invited institutions without registration fees.