Wednesday, 31 August 2022, 10:00–12:00 (UTC/GMT+2 or CEST)
Languages: Simultaneous interpretation in English, French German and Spanish (Simultaneous interpretation – Frequently asked questions)
Technology is developing at a fast pace, offering many opportunities for the economy and society. As part of this evolution, the rehabilitation sector is increasingly being digitalized.
Offering many advantages, digitalization can improve patient care, providing remote medical services through telemedicine and telerehabilitation. Assistive technologies support people with disabilities in their daily lives.
Human-machine interaction, robotic technologies, and care robots, help to better understand rehabilitation needs, offering tailor-made care solutions that promote social inclusion and individual autonomy at a reduced cost.
In addition, technologies play an increasingly important role in the administration, education and documentation of rehabilitation responses.
This webinar will share good practices and innovative solutions to some major challenges due to the radical changes brought about by technological progress in the digital transformation of rehabilitation.
Join us for this ISSA Webinar on rehabilitation, the sixth of a series of webinars on various aspects of this major challenge related to the ISSA’s four triennial topical priorities.
|Dr Wouter De Groote, Technical Adviser, Rehabilitation Programme, Non-communicable Disease Department, World Health Organization (WHO)
|Dr Susanne Weinbrenner, Head of the Department 0400, Prevention, Rehabilitation and Social Medicine and Chief Medical Doctor, German Federal Pension Insurance (DRV Bund), Germany
|Dr Hafez Hussain, Executive Director, SOCSO Rehabilitation Centre, Social Security Organisation (SOCSO), Malaysia
|Prof. Dr Dirk Lehr, Health Psychology and Applied Biological Psychology, Leuphana University Lüneburg, Germany
|Laura Jones, Secretary General, European Platform for Rehabilitation (EPR)
This webinar will examine the following questions:
- Technological progress brings many opportunities for rehabilitation services. What are the main technological advancements in your country?
- What are the major challenges for social security institutions to address rehabilitation needs in a digital environment?
- How to enhance collaboration at international level to address the barriers and support the development of effective and efficient rehabilitation programmes in the digital era?
- Welcome by Marcelo Abi-Ramia Caetano, ISSA Secretary General
- Introduction by ISSA
- WHO digital package for routine reporting from facilities for rehabilitation
- Case experience from Germany
- Case experiences from Malaysia
- The expertise from Leuphana University Lüneburg
- The expertise from EPR
- Q&A – Panel discussion
|Moderated by Raúl Ruggia-Frick, Director, Social Security Development Branch, ISSA
The webinar is open to delegates of ISSA member organizations and invited institutions without registration fee.