Tuesday, 31 May 2022, 15:00–16:30 (UTC/GMT+2 or CEST)
Languages: Simultaneous interpretation in English, French and Spanish (Simultaneous interpretation – Frequently asked questions)
Social security administrations are increasingly confronted with a rising exposure to risks in a rapidly changing environment. Such risks stem from the rapid adoption of technology as a lever to address the rising expectations of clients, the demographic transition, societal transformations and economic undulations amidst rising socio-economic vulnerability and volatility of financial markets and financial market instruments.
These impose stains on both the administrative capability and the financial viability of social security institutions with far-reaching impacts on the long-term sustainability of social protection systems. Thus, making risks management a crucial element in the governance and administration of social security institutions.
This ISSA webinar seeks to trace and address the risks inherent in core operational processes in the administration of social security schemes and programmes with a focus on the experiences and practices of ISSA member institutions.
|Noël Alain Olivier Mekulu Mvondo Akame, Director General, National Social Insurance Fund (CNPS), Cameroon
|Ibrahim M. Al-Harbi, Head of Strategy and Performance Management Department, General Organization for Social Insurance (GOSI), Saudi Arabia
|Adrian Clarke, Executive Manager, Risk National Insurance Board (NIBTT) Trinidad and Tobago
This webinar will examine the following questions:
- What are the governance and administrative frameworks geared towards addressing risks faced by social security institutions?
- What are the strategies, approaches, and tools deployed to manage risks inherent at each stage of the operational processes?
- What are the measures deployed by ISSA member institutions to address exposure to new forms of risks inherent in the business modernization processes?
- What are the measures and feasible solutions to address contributors’ default, financial market risks, and liquidity risks?
- Welcome by Marcelo Abi-Ramia Caetano, Secretary General, International Social Security Association (ISSA)
- Technical introduction by the ISSA
- Case experience of CNPS, Cameroon
- Case experience of GOSI, Saudi Arabia
- Case experience of NIBTT, Trinidad and Tobago
- Q&A – Discussion
|Moderated by Raúl Ruggia-Frick, Director, Social Security Development Branch, ISSA
The webinar is open to delegates of ISSA member organizations and invited institutions without registration fees.