Thursday 11 February 2021, 10:00–11:30 (UTC/GMT+1 or CET)
Language: English only
Webinar organized in collaboration with the Technical Commission on Organization, Management and Innovation
The human-and-digital work environment of the future is upon us and is here to stay. The opportunities, flexibility and security that it brings are, at the same time, ushering in new risks that pose challenges to the management of the most valuable asset of social security institutions: its human capital. As humans and technologies work in tandem, the requisite human skills and proficiencies to thrive and flourish in this new environment are evolving as well.
“To reimagine the future of social security, you must involve the institutional staff.” This was the unanimous advice of the Chief Executive Officers who spoke at the ISSA Virtual Symposium on Leadership in Social Security. The virtual environment that the pandemic has thrust the world into is leading every social security institution to think out of the box and innovate policies and strategies to ensure that it continues to deliver on its mandate, with collaboration and teamwork in spatially unified work places.
The immediate challenges include determining and bridging the technical skills and knowledge gaps of the staff, reinforcing and enabling an environment that continues to nurture innovation, and fostering a corporate culture where humans and technologies work hand-on-keyboard to increase human productivity and fulfilment, and institutional performance and dynamism.
This webinar will discuss approaches and practical experiences for reimagining the social security workforce. Among others, it will take into account lessons learned from the COVID-19 crisis.
|Dr Mohammed Azman bin Aziz Mohammed, Chair of the ISSA Technical Commission on Organization, Management and Innovation; and Chief Executive Officer and Director General, Social Security Organisation (PERKESO), Malaysia
|Raymond Ciriaco, Consultant, Centre for Leadership and Change, Philippines
|Joanna Drozd, Human Resources Director, Social Insurance Institution (ZUS), Poland
|Nurhisham Hussein, Chief Strategy Officer, Employees Provident Fund (EPF), Malaysia
This webinar will examine the following questions:
- How are the social security staff adapting to and growing with the emerging digital environment in the workplace?
- How do you empower them in a virtual workplace?
- With the blurring of boundaries between work and personal lives, how can a social security institution support its staff to stay in control of their workload, be more productive and achieve a healthy work-life balance?
- What lessons on staff management can be gained from the COVID-19 crisis?
- Welcome by Marcelo Abi-Ramia Caetano, ISSA Secretary General
- Welcome by Dr Mohammed Azman bin Aziz Mohammed, Chair of the ISSA Technical Commission on Organization, Management and Innovation
- Technical introduction by Raymond Ciriaco
- Case experience of ZUS, Poland
- Case experience of EPF, Malaysia
- Q&A – Discussion
Moderated by Maribel D. Ortiz, Senior Specialist in Social Security, International Social Security Association (ISSA), Switzerland
The webinar is open to delegates of ISSA member organizations and invited institutions without registration fee.