Effective actuarial work is crucial for the long-term adequacy and sustainability of social security schemes. Participants of this Diploma training course will draw on international best-practice guidelines to assess how to embed high quality actuarial work within the effective operation of their social security institutions.
This is one of seven ISSA Diploma training courses offered at the ITCILO Campus in Turin, Italy, in an innovative face-to-face and interactive format.
Training course: ISSA-ILO Guidelines on Actuarial Work for Social Security
Training institution: International Training Centre of the International Labour Organization (ITCILO)
Training venue: ITCILO Campus in Turin, Italy
Training period: 20–24 May 2024
Region: Open to all ISSA member institutions
The ISSA-ILO Guidelines on Actuarial Work for Social Security provide a series of recommendations regarding the principles, structures and processes that should be put in place by social security professionals undertaking actuarial work.
The training consists of an in-depth analysis and understanding of the guidelines and will give relevant examples to highlight their practical use. Subjects covered include actuarial valuations, benefit calculations, policy issues, professional requirements, risk management and reporting.
Who can participate?
The training course is designed for social security professionals of ISSA member institutions. Participants should be actuaries or hold positions directly related to actuarial work.
Course learning materials and tuition will be offered in English, onsite and online. The following requirements are therefore essential to participate in this course:
- the ability to use and access a computer with internet;
- a working knowledge of English.
How to apply for the training course
Please contact the ITCILO to apply for this training course:
Email: [email protected]
Applicants should complete the online form no later than 19 April 2024, supported by a letter from their sponsoring institution, indicating that the institution will cover the costs of the participant.
Cost of participation
The cost of participating in this course is 2 445 euro (1 775 euro for tuition fees and 670 euro for accommodation and subsistence). This price covers tuition fees, the use of training facilities and support services, training materials, accommodation and full board at the ITCILO Campus. It does not include travel to and from the campus.
ISSA Diploma training
The ISSA Diploma training programme offers high-level learning on various ISSA Guidelines on Social Security Administration.
The course consists of several modules offered onsite at the ITCILO Campus in Turin, Italy, and through the eCampus online learning platform, for an estimated total of 60 learning hours. The course is broken down into three phases:
- Pre-course learning: Flexible (asynchronous) self-guided online learning on the eCampus and an end of phase assessment.
- Real time learning: Live interactive sessions and presentations by highly experienced trainers, blended with individual and collaborative group exercises, peer-to-peer assessment and forums, at the ITCILO Campus in Turin and on the eCampus.
- End of course assignment: Individual assignment applying ISSA Guidelines to the participant’s organization. Participants who successfully complete all assessments and the final assignment will receive a Diploma from the ISSA and the ITCILO.