Wednesday, 27 January 2021, 13:00–15:00 (UTC/GMT+1 or CET)
Languages: English only
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, rehabilitation services around the world are under pressure. As health services are severely disrupted and rehabilitation facilities become less accessible for patients, the world faces increased rehabilitation needs. The lack of early, intensive rehabilitation during a critical time window, can miss the opportunity for recovery. In addition, the economic crisis may impact rehabilitation opportunities for people suffering from other chronic diseases.
Rehabilitation plays an important role in the care and recovery of people with COVID-19. In this context, rehabilitation systems need to adapt to new challenges and develop post-COVID-19 rehabilitation strategies, particularly in the development of the long COVID syndrome. However, rehabilitation systems can benefit from opportunities arising from the rapidly changing work environment, such as tele-rehabilitation programmes for workers.
The ISSA Special Working Group on Rehabilitation, which was established in 2020 to promote good practices in rehabilitation, based on a cross-sectoral approach, is supporting ISSA members in working towards rehabilitation strategies that meet the challenges and exploit the opportunities post-COVID-19.
Join us for the first webinar organised by the ISSA Special Working Group on Rehabilitation addressing rehabilitation strategies post-COVID-19.
|Stefan Trömel, Senior Disability Specialist, Gender, Equality and Diversity Branch, International Labour Organization (ILO)|
|Young Jun Kim, Executive Vice President of Benefits and Rehabilitation, Korea Workers’ Compensation & Welfare Service (KCOMWEL), Republic of Korea|
|Lorraine Pelot, Director General, Canada Pension Plan Disability Directorate, Employment and Social Development, Canada|
|Eppo Maertens, Director, Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities, Employment and Social Development, Canada|
|Susanne Weinbrenner, Head, Social Medicine and Rehabilitation Department, German Federal Pension Insurance (DRV Bund), Germany|
|Alba Fishta, International Representative, Prevention, Social Medicine and Rehabilitation Department, German Federal Pension Insurance (DRV Bund), Germany|
|François Perl, Director General, of the Allowances Department, National Institute for Health and Disability Insurance (NIHDI), Belgium and Chair of the ISSA Special Working Group on Rehabilitation|
This webinar will examine the following questions:
- How can existing rehabilitation systems be adapted to the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, particularly to face the challenge of the long COVID syndrome?
- How can we ensure that the economic crisis linked to the COVID-19 pandemic does not affect rehabilitation opportunities for people suffering from other chronic diseases?
- How can rehabilitation systems and return to work policies be adapted to the changes in the world of work, which the pandemic is causing?
- Welcome by Marcelo Abi-Ramia Caetano, ISSA Secretary General
- Introductive keynote speech: The work of the ISSA Special Working Group on Rehabilitation
- Promoting disability-inclusive employment in times of a pandemic (ILO)
- Rehabilitation strategy for the post-COVID-19 era-focused on the Rehabilitation for Industrial Accident Victims in the Republic of Korea
- Employment and return to work programmes for persons with disabilities
- Rehabilitation in Germany in the context of COVID-19
- Q&A – Panel discussion
Moderated by François Perl, Director General of the Allowances Department, National Institute for Health and Disability Insurance (NIHDI), Belgium, and Chair of the of the Special Working Group on Rehabilitation
The webinar is open to delegates of ISSA member organizations and invited institutions without registration fee.