Global Forum for Prevention: Symposium on the Transportation of Dangerous Goods
At the upcoming Global Forum for Prevention, which will take place during the XXI World Congress on Safety and Health at work in Singapore (3-6 September 2017), the ISSA Section on Transportation, together with the ISSA Section Chemical Industry, will host an International Symposium entitled: “Vision Zero: Transportation and Dangerous Goods”.
The Symposium will take place on Tuesday, 5 Sep 2017, 16:00 – 18:00 hrs.
Because the safe transportation of dangerous goods is equally relevant to the occupational safety and health in transportation as it is to a safe working environment in the chemical industry, we expect to offer a lot of useful insights for both industrial sectors.
Relevant topics include:
- The international framework: UN-regulations, new developments within the context of ADR/RID 2017
- Classification and identification of dangerous goods
- Requirements for packaging, training of personnel etc.
- Cargo security
- Safe interfacing between transporting dangerous goods and working with them
With this symposium, we provide you with:
- … an update on the current risks and opportunities
- … a platform to discuss future challenges
- … a perspective on a safer working environment for all stakeholders
You can download our announcement flyer here.
Please use our contact form or subscribe to our newsletter to stay informed.