19th ISSA International Conference of Social Security Actuaries, Statisticians and Investment Specialists
With increasing scrutiny on sustainability and adequacy of social security systems, actuaries and investment specialists find themselves at the centre of considerations regarding designing and financing new schemes and reforms of existing schemes. Their deliberations need to increasingly take into account a particularly fragmented labour market, impacted by the digital economy, demographic changes and a low interest rate environment. This conference features examples of this changing role of actuaries, often building on the resources of ISSA-ILO Guidelines on Actuarial Work for Social Security published in 2016. It also features a dedicated investment focus reflecting the need to look at both the liability and asset side together and the challenges of adding value in a low return world calling on the resources of the ISSA Guidelines on Investment of Social Security Funds and the ISSA Reserve Fund Monitor.
The 19th ISSA International Conference of Social Security Actuaries, Statisticians and Investment Specialists sessions will focus on the following topics:
- Reporting on social security obligations including recent developments on quantifying financial commitments.
- Analysis of labour market changes on social security including those related to the digital economy.
- Analysing ageing and how it varies across and within countries.
- A focus on investment issues including infrastructure investment and the impact of ageing on asset choices.
- A session focusing on regional mortality and labour market trends as well as investment and pension reform issues.
The conference is open to ISSA members and invited participants only. The languages of the conference will be English, French, German and Spanish. Simultaneous interpretation will be provided in these languages as well as in Arabic.
International Social Security Review
Accessible free of charge until the end of 2018.