The expected benefits of using the ILO-ISSA Actuarial Service Platform are:
- Strengthened actuarial capacity: Social security institutions with actuarial units will enhance them by using the platform and related training. Institutions without actuarial units may establish new ones to leverage the platform's capabilities.
- Improved capacity to develop sustainable social security schemes: Enhanced actuarial capacity will assist in guiding institutions toward schemes based on sustainability, solidarity, broad coverage and adequate benefits.
- Increased alignment with ISSA and ILO actuarial standards: The platform aligns with ILO's social security principles and ISSA-ILO actuarial guidelines.
- Guidance for policy formulation: A solid foundation of actuarial work facilitates better policy definition and decision-making.
- Enhanced basis for promoting an informed social dialogue: Social dialogue processes benefit from actuarial tools that help assess the impact of various policy options quickly and responsively to meet different stakeholder needs.
- Reinforced capacity for technical support: The platform increases the ISSA and ILO's capacity to provide technical assistance to social security institutions.
- Increased ownership and commitment on social protection: Facilitating access to the platform and increasing technical capacity to carry out actuarial work fosters ownership and commitment from institutions to improve social protection systems.