1 Reduction of occupational accidents by incorporating occupational safety and health into the training of young persons (trainees, apprentices)
2 Reduction of occupational accidents of young workers and new recruits
Project partners: the ISSA sections:
- Section on Education and Training for Prevention
- Section on Electricity, Gas and Water
- Section on Machine and Systems Safety
- Section on Prevention in the Iron and Metal Industry
1. Duration of the project
01-03-2009 to 30-06-2014
2. Objectives of the project
Reduction of occupational accidents by incorporating occupational safety and health into the training of young persons (trainees, apprentices)
- Training can be carried out by a small enterprise (SME) and/or a training partner (e.g. external plant centre). Only vocational education shall be considered; not school education (elementary school, secondary school, high school, college).
- Recommendations for incorporation of occupational health and safety into the training of young people. (Note: Of course, it is not possible to constraint the relevant policy maker in the country.)
- It should be demonstrated by field tested procedures (e.g. practical training exercises dealing with risk assessment, assigned in the professional schools and implemented in the SME), how a targeted training in the field of "Occupational health and safety" can take place.
- The interaction between training facility and small enterprise is of special importance.
- Statements to training and advanced training of teachers in the field of occupational health and safety are required.
Reduction of occupational accidents of young workers and new recruits
- This subject does not consider training but only employment of young workers and new recruits (independent of age).
- Recommendation for the integration of young workers and young professionals in SMEs. It should be demonstrated by field tested procedures, how young worker and young professionals can be accommodated in the SME in such a manner as to minimise the risk of occupational accidents (for instance: mentors in SMEs, methods of integration, instructions).
- Furthermore, the results will consist in practical advice for employers in SMEs enabling the employers to identify the special risk for young workers and young professionals. The employer has to be able to take the required measures himself.
- Among others, the brochures established within the framework of the ISSASections Project "EU 27" can be the basis.
2 - Research Project Young Workers.pdf 26.23 kB
Presentation at the
ENA-ISSA Safety Conference in London, 20-22 May 2009 by Dr. Harald Gruber
ENA-ISSA_Dr_Harald_Gruber.pdf 457.66 kB
International Sections of the ISSA for Electricity, Gas and Water, on Education and Traiing for Prevention, on Prevention in the Iron and Metal Industry and on Machine and system Safety
مواضيع: المخاطر المهنية