ICT was used to:
- redefine the relationship between the government and the population;
- improve management and services;
- ensure transparency and participation;
- facilitate access to public information;
- encourage integration and development of the various sectors.
The "front office claims service" operates as follows:
- a member of the public can communicate through the 0800, in person, by post or via the Web using the Superintendency of Occupational Risks (Superintendencia de Riesgos del Trabajo (SRT));
- the clients' service (Atención al Público (ATP)) includes a complaints form which ends with a digital transfer-link; the complaint is transferred to the insurance companies for occupational risks (Aseguradora de Riesgos del Trabajo (ART)) via the Extranet;
- the SRT forwards a PDF file with the solution to the problem within a maximum of five days;
- the clients' service analyses the response and draws up a report on the case, notifying the claimant of the result(s) of the complaint;
- the procedures involved are broken down into stages to facilitate follow-up;
- all the procedures are noted in a PDF annex included in the digital file.